ADOBE ANIMATE CC DOMAINS
Animate CC - Domain 2 Project Setup and Interface
This objective covers the interface setup and program settings that assist in an efficient and effective workflow, as well as knowledge about incorporating digital assets for a project.
2.1 Create a document with the appropriate settings for multimedia projects.
2.1 a Set appropriate document settings for a new project.
- Key Concepts: document type, width and height, frame rate, background color, etc.
2.2 Customize the application workspace and use visual aids for layout.
2.2 a Identify and manipulate elements of the Animate interface.
- Key Concepts: menus, Tools, Timeline, Stage, Pasteboard, Properties panel, Library panel, other panels, etc.
2.2b Organize and customize the workspace.
- Key Concepts: Using/switching default workspaces, show, hide, group, and dock panels; use the workspace switcher and the Window menu; customize, save, and reset workspaces; etc.
2.2c Configure application preferences.
- Key Concepts: General, Sync Settings, Drawing
2.2d Navigate a document.
- Key Concepts: pan, zoom, play, pause, keyboard/mouse shortcuts, spacebar, Rotation tool, Time Scrub tool, etc.
2.2e Use timeline tools.
- Key Concepts: onion skin, loop, labels, frames, markers and marker range, keyframe navigation options, timeline zoom, etc.
2.2 f Use guides and grids.
- Key Concepts: motion paths, classic motion guides; add, remove, and lock
Part 1 - Guides, Grids, and Rulers Video
Part 2 - Create a Classic Tween Motion Guide
2.3 Import into and manage assets in a project.
2.3a Import media from various sources.
- Key Concepts: importing layers in .psd or .ai files, image files, audio files, video files, CC libraries, importing using menus or drag and drop, etc.
- You will need to download this zip file below and save it in your project 1 folder on your cloud location. Once you have saved it extract the zip file so that you can access the files and import them into your animate project:
2.3b Manage assets in an Animate project.
- Key Concepts: using the Library panel (rename, delete, move, duplicate, search and preview assets); updating and importing files; selecting unused items; creating new symbols and folders; working with multiple libraries; differentiating between Graphic symbols, Button symbols, and Movie Clip symbols, etc.
2.3c Load external media.
- Key Concepts: XML, JSON, audio, video, images ii Writer’s note: Keep this at a fundamental level 2 3
- Adobe provides a tutorial for how to use this functionality in Animate HTML 5 canvas documents. You can access the tutorial at https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/creating-publishing-html5-canvas-document.html
2.4 Manage colors, swatches, gradients, brushes, filter presets, and motion presets.
2.4a Set the active fill and stroke color.
- Key Concepts: color picker, Color panel, eyedropper, hexadecimal value, alpha, Bitmap fill, etc.
2.4b Create and customize a gradient.
- Key Concepts: Color panel, editing color and transparency stops, radial and linear gradients, Gradient Transform tool, etc.
2.4c Create, manage, and edit swatches.
- Key Concepts: Swatches panel, swatch types (tagged, solid, bitmap, and gradient), color sets, etc.
2.4d Create brushes, filter presets, and motion presets.
- Key Concepts: brushes (stroke, fill, types, width tool), filters (blur, glow, drop shadow, etc.), and motion presets (save previous motion tween settings as a preset), etc.
2.4e Edit brushes, filter presets, and motion presets.
- Key Concepts: existing and custom brushes and presets
CREATE AND EDIT BRUSHES USING THE BRUSH TOOL
CREATE AND EDIT PAINT BRUSHES USING THE PAINT BRUSH TOOL
CREATE AND EDIT FILTER PRESETS
CREATE AND EDIT MOTION PRESETS
ACA TEST PREP
STEP 1 - Download File and Open in Animate
STEP 2 - Edit the File
Open the file and create a background layer, truck layer, and animate the truck across the stage using a motion tween.
STEP 3 - Create a setting sun animation using a classic tween.