ADOBE ANIMATE CC DOMAINS
Animate CC - Domain 1 Working in the animation industry
This objective covers critical concepts related to working with colleagues and clients as well as legal, technical, and design related crucial knowledge.
1.1 Identify the purpose, audience, and audience needs for preparing content.
1.2 Communicate with colleagues and clients about design plans.
1.2 a Demonstrate knowledge of techniques for communicating ideas about design plans with peers and clients.
- Key Terms: sketches, storyboards, specifications, wireframes, prototypes, iterations, drafts, feedback loop, project scope, scope creep, etc.
1.2 b Demonstrate knowledge of basic project management concepts
1.3 Determine the type of copyright, permissions, and licensing required to use specific content.
1.3 a Identify legal and ethical considerations for using third-party content such as copyright, permissions, and licensing.
- Key Terms: Creative Commons, public domain, intellectual property, derivative work, commercial use, attribution, work for hire, fair use/fair dealing, etc.
1.3b Demonstrate knowledge of interactive media.
1.3c Understand and use key terms related to multiplatform animation.
- Key Terms: Apple iOS, Google Android, Microsoft Windows, Apple macOS, HTML5 Canvas, Adobe AIR, Adobe Flash Player, WebGL, Animated GIF, video, Sprite sheets, etc.
1.4 Demonstrate knowledge of basic design principles and best practices employed in industry.
1.4 a Communicate visually using the elements and principles of design and common design techniques.
- Key Terms: space, line, shape, form, color, texture, emphasis/ focal point, unity/harmony, variety, balance, alignment, proximity, repetition, rhythm, scale, movement, negative space, gestalt, contrast, etc.
1.4 b Identify and use common typographic adjustments to create contrast, hierarchy, and enhanced readability.
- Key Terms: font, size, style, color, alignment, kerning, tracking and leading, horizontal and vertical scale, line length, etc.
1.5 Demonstrate knowledge of animation and interactive media principles
1.5a Demonstrate knowledge of common animation principles.
- Key Terms: 12 basic principles of animation (squash and stretch, anticipation, staging, straight ahead action and pose to pose, follow through and overlapping action, slow in and slow out, arc, secondary action, timing, exaggeration, solid drawing, and timely appeal), etc.
1.5b Demonstrate knowledge of interactive media principles.
- Key Terms: user experience, user interface, user interaction, aesthetics, functionality, hierarchy, consistency, user accessibility, discoverability in UI, etc.
DOMAIN 1 - ACA Review